Monday, May 2, 2011

ROSVO, Ticks and Ants EP-- My Impressions

ROSVO is a new band from Sweden featuring Peter Dolving-- Yes I've been mentioning him a lot, but he's everywhere! The sound of ROSVO is kind of like a cross between Deftones and Baroness, but a lot heavier and with a sort of punk influence. They released a four track EP very recently, and I wanted to talk a bit about it.

I give credit to this EP for it having a unique sound and being quite technical. However, the songs are over before you can really start getting into them. My personal favorite, Seasick, is the shortest song-- only lasting 2:10. These short track lengths don't make the songs bad; it just makes it harder to justify making the purchase.

Overall, my feelings towards this EP are neutral. The songs are very good, but don't last long. For that reason, I can't get into it as much as I can with a regular album or a set of progressive rock songs. I appreciate it for what it is though, and if you are into metal, you should too. Check out their bandcamp page where you can listen to all of the songs and buy them for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment